CANGC Members: If you would like your job opening posted on this page, please email a complete job description along with instructions on submitting an application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Matsuda's Nursery- Sacramento, CA
Landscape Contractor Sales Position
We are looking for an energetic, motivated individual to fill a Contractor Sales position at Matsuda’s, an established wholesale plant nursery in southeast Sacramento.
Our sales office caters to landscape contractors and designers throughout the area, selling high quality plant material and providing an integrated service and fulfilment approach to fully meet landscape contractor needs. Our nursery consists of 160 acres of growing grounds specializing in woody ornamentals and perennials and maintains a strong reputation for quality plant material.
Applicants should have at least 3 years of landscape sales experience, with the ability to complete multiple projects while communicating effectively with landscape professionals in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will have strong knowledge of trees/shrubs, annuals and perennials, demonstrate excellent customer service, be organized and have the ability to drive sales with contractors. Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred. Delivery experience a plus.
This is a full time position with benefits. Early hours. Weekdays and Saturdays (during busy seasons). Must be able to work in a nursery environment with exposure to all types of weather.
Apply by sending your resume to email@example.com, including your name in the subject line. Include a cover letter telling us about your plant knowledge and your wage expectations.
We encourage all who are qualified and interested to apply, however, only those in consideration will be contacted for this role.
Matsuda's is an equal opportunity employer.
Sweet Lane Nursery- Santa Rosa, CA
General Purpose and Scope of Position
Are you action oriented with a positive can-do attitude? Logistical with a proven ability to lead and influence? Personable with strong analytical and time management abilities? Do you thrive working in a dynamic team environment? If this describes you and you have excellent organizational skills, Sweet Lane Nursery wants to hear from you!
Sweet Lane Wholesale Nursery is located in Santa Rosa, CA, just east of the Sonoma State Campus. We have been supplying the landscape industry since 2000. Our reputation is based upon providing stellar customer service while supplying high quality plant material to Sonoma, Napa, Marin and San Francisco. Our inventory includes specimen grade trees, an extensive collection of Japanese maples, and larger, premium grade screening material.
We are currently seeking a Nursery Operations Manager with a proven record of leadership and successful nursery operations management. The ideal candidate will ensure outstanding operational success through effective short to long-range production planning as well as management of the field labor team, pest control program, deliveries dispatch and equipment maintenance. Key interactions include coordination with the General Manager to develop and implement production planning and overall nursery maintenance, and, with Sales Associates to coordinate dispatch of arriving plant material and customer deliveries. Critical to the position is the ability to assess needs, devise solutions, train personnel, make decisions and implement change.
Key Skills and Abilities Include
Key Personal Attributes Include
- Ability to lead, train, and influence
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient user of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Must be certified in CA as a pesticide applicator, understand and implement an ongoing pest management program according to best practices and CA law.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Personable mannerisms
- Strong time management skills with initiative to set appropriate priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Consistent detail orientation with a wide range of responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree (preferred) or a combination of education and work experience
- Minimum five years' experience in a similar role
- Logistics experience a plus
- Field Team Management – Task planning and direction / training best practices
- Receive / Inspect arriving plant material
- Manage plant material production program – CA and OR material
- Maintain plant material shifting program
- Manage/Execute Pest Management / Weed Abatement Programs
- Maintain Pruning / Fertilizing / Staking programs
- Irrigation System Maintenance / Scheduling
- Fertigation System Maintenance
- Facilities Maintenance – Greenhouses / Shadehouses / Gravel Lanes & Staging Areas
- Equipment Maintenance Scheduling
- Dispatch / Truck Loading / Driver Management
- Will-Call Program Management
- Maintain Clean / Neat / Efficient Staging of Plant Material in coord. with Sales Team and General Manager
- Manage Material Shift Program
Compensation and Benefits
To apply for this position, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and request an application. You may also deliver your resume and request an application in person at 6652 Petaluma Hill Road, Santa Rosa, CA. We are open Monday through Friday from 7:30AM to 4:30PM.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Sweet Lane Nursery and Vineyards, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Competitive annual salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Annual Bonus based on the nursery’s performance
- Comprehensive employee health benefit offerings – Health / Dental
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
Devil Mountain Wholesale Nursery
ABOUT DEVIL MOUNTAIN NURSERY: Since 1995, Devil Mountain Wholesale Nursery has provided its professional customers with access to more plant varieties on hand than any other wholesale nursery in the San Francisco Bay Area. We pride ourselves in having a knowledgeable sales staff, attention to quality material, and extensive delivery capacity throughout the Bay Area and surrounds.
In addition to our 20 acres in San Ramon, we grow on an additional 100+ acres near Lodi, California and our suppliers range from small specialty growers to the largest in the nation. Our buyers travel to quality growers throughout the country to procure the most exceptional plants and ensure the finest quality and selection is available here to customers. We will soon open 2 new Landscape Centers to better service the greater San Francisco Bay Area -- one in Petaluma (North Bay) and one in Morgan Hill (South Bay). http://www.devilmountainnursery.com/
FOR EMPLOYMENT CONTACT: Licet Picazo: (925) 829-6006 x45; email@example.com.
Now Hiring for the Following Positions:
COMMERCIAL LANDSCAPE CENTER MANAGER: Responsible for all activities associated with the Commercial Landscape Center, including the related site administration, staffing, scheduling, invoicing, customer service, inventory stocking, merchandising, facility layout, and product organization. Responsibilities include all related landscape center and will-call activities, including the effective management of all landscape center personnel; training and implementation of competent and professional personnel; implementing effective, responsive, and professional sales transactions; and landscape center inventory management and organization. Effectively staffs and directs a competent and respected sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company visions, values, and budgets. Establishes plans and strategies to produce the highest possible customer service and workplace standards, product quality, merchandising, and facility appearance. Contributes to the development of training and educational programs for personnel and strives for the highest possible professionalism and business standards. Click here for complete job description.
ASSISTANT COMMERCIAL LANDSCAPE CENTER MANAGER, MORGAN HILL:
Under the direction, or in the absence, of the Commercial Landscape Center Manager, the assistant is responsible for all activities associated with the Commercial Landscape Center Sales, including the related site administration, staffing, scheduling, invoicing, customer service, inventory stocking, merchandising, facility layout, and product organization. Responsibilities include all related landscape center and will-call activities, including the effective management of all landscape center personnel; training and implementation of competent and professional personnel; implementing effective, responsive, and professional sales transactions; and landscape center inventory management and organization. Effectively staffs and directs a competent and respected sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company visions, values, and budgets. Establishes plans and strategies to produce the highest possible customer service and workplace standards, product quality, merchandising, and facility appearance. Contributes to the development of training and educational programs for personnel and strives for the highest possible professionalism and business standards. Click here for a complete job description.
DIRECTOR OF SALES: Responsible for the development and performance of all designated sales staff and activities, will include sales oversight as specified for Commercial Landscape Center / will-call activities. Effectively staffs and directs a respected sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company visions, values, and budgets. Establishes plans and strategies to expand our customer base, contributes to sales development and marketing programs, including training and educational programs for clients and Sales Representatives. Click here for complete job description.
IN-SIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE: Responsible for the executing counter sales, phone orders, development, and fulfillment for product & client sales activities. The position will serve specifically as a front line sales representative to clients and will-call customers. Effectively assists in and is responsible for implementing sales, pricing orders as directed by company, inventory availability, processing orders, and effectively sells product. Activities shall include processing paperwork, arranging delivery, and order fulfillment. Assists in answering inbound calls including taking messages, and performing other duties as assigned by management. Must have product knowledge and is familiar with product availability, and may sell all products offered by the business. Click here for complete job description.
Assistant Manager & Full Time Sales Team Member - Marina del Rey Garden Center, Marina Del Rey
Full Time including weekends. Excellent salary and benefits.
Must have managerial experience in retail garden center. Calif Certified Nursery Professional preferred.
Duties include but are not limited to: Establishing sales goals, coaching, product knowledge with sales staff, buying of some plant material, running the general operation of nursery with General Manager. Must be a people person with excellent communication skills.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Time Sales Team Member
Retail experience a must. Must have a horticultural background. Must love to sell and be a people person.
Excellent salary and benefits with potential for sales bonuses. Full time including weekends.
Send resume to: email@example.com
Manager Trainee - Armstrong Garden Centers, Orange County, Los Angeles, San Diego
Job Title: Manager Trainee- (Retail Sales Store Manager)
Locations: Orange County/Los Angeles/San Diego
“Gardening without Guesswork”
Armstrong Garden Centers, serving 125+ years, is a leader in the Garden Center Industry and is on the search for exceptional management candidates to join our Manager Training Program. Are you driven? Passionate? Willing to Serve? Our comprehensive program includes management and operational training including a horticultural educational program which provides you the seeds of knowledge to be successful with us.
This position combines both on the job and classroom training in preparation for an Assistant Store Manager position. Our Manager Trainee candidates work alongside an existing seasoned management team and serve as an integral success to the overall performance of the store and company. Manager Trainees participate in sales, customer service and management tasks.
Position Description- How it works?
Manager Trainees will participate in a 11-week manager training course including classroom and on-the job training in areas such as:
- Store operations
- Human Resources
- Visual Merchandising
- Employment Status: Full-time
Primary Duties and Responsibilities- What to look forward to!
- Be an expert and brand ambassador for Armstrong Garden Centers.
- Able to connect with customers and provide expert knowledge of our products
- Mentor, coach and lead a team of 10-20 members
- Monitor inventory control, including ordering and buying materials.
- Responsible for taking ownership of Garden Center including, maintenance, watering, visual merchandising, marketing displays, and maintaining stock levels of product.
- Manage operations: POS, scheduling, budgets, KPIs,
- Follow safe work practices and reporting any unsafe working conditions to management and HR
Requirements- Do you have what it takes?
Compensation – We have great benefits!
- Previous management or supervisory experience
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent salesmanship
- Medical, dental, life insurance after 90 days
- Paid holidays and paid vacation after 90 days
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Hourly rate will commensurate with experience
Work Schedule- What to expect!
Physical Environment/Working Conditions- Safety First!
- Garden Center hours (variable with season) five-days per week, weekends required
Requires extensive use of back, legs, knees, arms, feet and hands for lifting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, kneeling, pulling, pushing, reaching overhead, and walking. Unassisted lifting limits between 30 and 50 lbs. Individuals may be required to do any or all of these situations throughout the work day, with an emphasis on walking and standing for a major portion of the day. The outside environment will comprise most of the day with some inside building activity.
Application Mode: Email your resume and cover letter to Gina Jacoy, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nursery Sales Associate - International Garden Center & Floral Design, El Segundo
We are seeking a positive, upbeat and EXPERIENCED team player to work for us in the South Bay. Candidate must possess the following skills/requirements:
- Know plants by their common and botanical names
- Be able to diagnose plant pests and diseases
- Recommend both organic and synthetic solutions to plant pests and diseases
- MUST be able to lift 50-75lbs.
- MUST be able to twist, turn, bend, squat, kneel and lift plants and pots while being on their feet during working hours.
- Take care of (prune/water/maintain/stock) plants and displays in their assigned area or where needed in the nursery.
- Must be able to work outdoors rain/shine/heat/cold.
- MUST be able to work weekends.
- Must possess good organizational skills/be able to multitask.
- Must have a valid California driver license and insurance.
- Technology friendly.
- Gets their job done in a timely and efficient manner.
Customer service is KEY! Candidate must be able to do the following:
- Create an excellent first and last impression with customers.
- Must be able to suggestive sell product.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with both customers and staff. This includes both oral and written skills.
- Greet customers in a cheerful manner.
- Sense of humor welcome!
Ideal candidate will have 2 or more years working for an independent garden center; preferably in California.
Please send your resume to Tammy Soria at email@example.com. ONLY EXPERIENCED NURSERY PROFESSIONALS NEED APPLY!
Greenhouse and Propogation Manager - Fowler Nurseries, Inc., Newcastle
Directs and coordinates activities of the Greenhouse and Containers Department in propagating and producing plant materials for field and container use and producing container-grown trees for commercial growers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for propagation and production activities.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational and production problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Resolves worker grievances or submits unsettled grievances to Human Resources Department for action.
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data.
- Produce hardwood and softwood rootstock cuttings from mother plant material.
- Determine plant growing conditions, set up planting and care procedures and schedules.
- Manage the movement of the materials in and out of the facilities, inventory levels and other specific information for that material (ie parentage).
- Assist in long-term planning of greenhouse and container department.
- Perform timing, growing and material/product trials.
- Collect, compile and report results from trials to appropriate personnel and update databases.
- Manage staff - schedules, tasks, training, etc.
- Attend regular meetings with the other Production Managers.
- Insure phytosanitary procedures are updated and implemented.
- Manage plant health through irrigation, nutrition and spray programs.
- Manage and maintain infrastructure for greenhouse and container department.
- Identify plants as well as problems, such as mixes, diseases and insect pests.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A four year degree in horticulture or related field is required. Masters degree is a plus. Must have at least four (4) years of similar experience.
Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate English clearly, effectively and efficiently at a level that is understood by audience (including, but not limited to, staff, customers, tour groups and other colleagues). Spanish is a plus.
Must be able to collect, analyze and summarize collected data.
Able to make determinations based on collected data. Able to work well with others and reason through decisions and conflicts. Use practical application of data.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PCA license is a plus.
Valid driver's license and approval of coverage through Fowler Nurseries, Inc.'s insurance company.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in hot and cold conditions. Able to walk greenhouse, containers, nursery and orchard grounds. Able to reach and bend. Able to carry up to fifty (50) pounds, as occasionally needed. Able to use hands for tasks such as pruning, planting, picking up, detailed work, computer work, etc. Able to stand for several hours at a time as occasionally needed, such as when at grower sites or meetings. Must be able to distinguish colors and color variations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Greenhouse and Propagation Manager will be outside for most of the day - this includes, but is not limited to, being in the greenhouses, cold frames, container department, in nursery and orchard blocks, on uneven ground/surfaces, dust, mud, walking hills/steep inclines, variable outside temperatures including high-heat and freezing temperatures, and able to withstand other weather related conditions (wind, rain, etc.). Occasional noisy conditions (tractors, machinery, etc).
Inside conditions will vary with the type of covering the Manager is under - typically will include greenhouse, warehouse and office type settings.
**Please send resume and cover letter to FowlerNurseries@gmail.com**
Nursery Sales Position - Wegman's Nursery, Redwood City
Wegman’s Nursery, the Peninsula’s premier retail garden center, has a nursery sales position open. We are looking for a friendly and experienced full-time nursery sales person who is motivated and a self-starter. Since providing excellent customer service is the hallmark of Wegman’s Nursery, applicants should be passionate about helping customers. If you enjoy gardening and are responsible, energetic, and customer-service oriented then our nursery is the place for you.
The primary focus of this position is to assist customers in selecting garden products. A CCNP designation is desirable; however, an applicant with a horticultural education or plant knowledge will also be considered. Our nursery sales professional should be comfortable working outside year round. Sales experience is a plus.
When not helping customers, other duties may include deadheading, watering, pruning, weeding, and generally keeping the nursery neat, clean, and stocked. The position requires lifting and moving plant material and other products. Weekend work may be required.
Wegman’s Nursery offers medical and dental insurance with full-time employment. We also offer paid time off for vacation and sick pay in accordance with California law. If you would like to become one of our dedicated team members, please fill out our employment application and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to (650) 368-5908, or drop it at the nursery. You can find out more about us at www.wegmansnursery.com.
Horticulturist and Landscape Architect - UC Davis, Davis
Both positions below will be part of a larger team working to make the campus landscape more beautiful, sustainable, engaging, and reflective of the unique academic work of UC Davis. We're looking for creative and energetic people who will enjoy collaborating with diverse partners and mentoring UC Davis students.
The GATEways Horticulturist position will work on the UC Davis Arboretum and Public Garden team and focus on the creation, renovation, and care of Arboretum plant collections and GATEways academic engagement gardens. In addition to collaborating with a variety of faculty, staff, and community members, this position will lead volunteer groups and mentor student interns. The application period for this position closes on March 16.
For a complete job description and more information on how to apply:
The Assistant Landscape Architect position will work in the Campus Planning and Landscape Architecture unit designing, coordinating, and reviewing plans for landscapes across the UC Davis campus. The application period for this position closes on March 13.
For a complete job description and more information on how to apply:
Production Yard Manager - Belmont Nursery - Fresno
Objective: To grow and care for quality plant material and to supervise maintenance of a clean, neat facility in support of our annual sales goal.
Reports to: Jon Reelhorn (President)
Support from: Production Grower, Plant Health Supervisor
Supervises: Facility production staff
Salary dependent upon experience. Apply in person at 7730 E. Belmont Ave., Fresno, CA 93737. No phone calls please.
- Perform various aspects of nursery fieldwork, including pruning, watering, fertilizing, staking, weeding, consolidating and placement of plants in the field.
- Perform maintenance on all aspects of the yard, including irrigation repairs, planting machine maintenance, and overall maintenance of the production yard structures.
- Advise the Plant Health Supervisor of pest and disease issues in the production yard. Spray herbicides/pesticides as needed.
- Supervise and implement the watering in the production yards coordinating with the other staff members.
- Supervise fertilizer application in the production yard working in unison with the Production Grower.
- Supervise planting crew, proper technique and procedures on the planting machine and implement proper placement of plants in the nursery after planting.
- Document changes in availability of plant material (ready date changes, dumps, cutbacks) and forward them to the Inventory Control Specialist.
- Coordinate and perform delivery transfers to and from other facilities.
- Coordinate receiving of plant material from outside growers, assuring proper paperwork flow to the office.
- Tour the nursery each morning to pick up fallen plants and to spot problem areas.
- Keep nursery free of weeds, litter, and clutter.
- Support will call orders and customers when needed.
- Other duties as necessary.
Nursery Production Planning Manager- Perris, CA
Village Nurseries is seeking a Nursery Production Planning Manager. This full time, salaried position reports directly to the VP of Southern Operations and is based at our facility in Perris, CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Purchasing Green Goods according to Schedules
- Developing pricing agreements & delivery schedules
- Developing Budgetary Templates and Forecasting
- Inventory Monitoring & Tracking Capabilities related to propagation manufacturing
- Overseeing the purchase of liners and green goods. Assisting submission & tracking of Village liner, plug, bare-root orders & submitting associated new code opening request. Establishing liner quality standards, order routines and monitor scheduled delivery dates.
- Manages production planning staff and scheduling of material flow to meet production schedules and customer requirements.
- Occasionally travels to other facilities in the Southern California region.
- Experience and working knowledge of the horticultural trade preferred.
- Experience in Inventory Scheduling and scheduling concepts & theory.
- Valid CA Driver License
- Bilingual English and Spanish preferred
- Intermediate in advanced analytical skills related to data summary, analysis, reporting statistics & problem solving.
- Ability to read and analyze manufacturing reports
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or five to 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please email email@example.com or fax (714) 998-0080.
Village Nurseries is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Production Management/Logistics Management - Villages Nurseries, Sacramento
Village Nurseries Sacramento is a 250-acre farm that grows trees and shrubs for contractors and retail chain stores. We have our own fleet of trucks that delivers the products directly to our customers. We are seeking a quality manager who can oversee all operations from assembling to shipping orders for our customers. The ideal candidate has strengths in lean manufacturing or Kaizen, team building, shipping, manufacturing (planning and organizing). Spanish language abilities are preferred but not required. This is a key position in our company that can lead to growth and excellent career opportunities in our organization.
Compensation: Base annual salary of $50,000 or more (depending on experience) with bonus, incentives, vacation, sick leave, holidays, medical/dental benefits, and 401(k) plan.
Interested parties should email resume to Mark Marriott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Us: Village Nurseries is a leader in our industry. We have over 800 acres of growing grounds throughout California. We ship our products to developers, contractors and retail chain stores in California, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, New Mexico, Texas and Colorado. More information available at www.villagenurseries.com.
Sales Lead Nursery – Orchard Supply Hardware, Millbrae, CA
Orchard Supply Hardware (OSH) is a leading regional home improvement retailer operating 80 full-service hardware and garden stores located throughout California and in Portland, Oregon and headquartered in San Jose, California. Orchard stores offer a comprehensive selection of hardware, lawn and garden, and specialty products. The company has a rich heritage and was founded in 1931 as a farmers' cooperative in the Santa Clara Valley offering supplies to local growers. Over subsequent years, the company focused on the retail customer, the do it yourself customer. It became known for offering a strong in-stock position, high customer service, and a broad assortment even though it did not offer building commodities (such as lumber).
In September 2013, Lowe’s Companies acquired Orchard with the intent on positioning Orchard as America’s Neighborhood Hardware Store. In 2016, Orchard will continue to expand within California as well as in a new market, the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area. Lowe’s will operate the business as a stand-alone entity which will continue to be based in San Jose, California.
We are looking for individuals that enjoy working with plants and offering solutions to people that are trying to take their yards from ordinary to extraordinary. The ideal candidate for Nursery Sales Lead is inquisitive, energetic, has a desire to learn, and most importantly has a passion to serve customers. What does passion to serve mean at Orchard? It’s pretty simple; Sales Leads need to engage with all of our customers, get an understanding of their needs and do everything possible to ensure they leave totally satisfied with their shopping experience. With that a successful Nursery Sales Lead will have customers returning for expert advice for their future gardening needs
- Provide fast, friendly service by actively seeking out customers to assess their needs and provide assistance.
- Ensure the Nursery Department is appropriately stocked and merchandised at all times. This includes ensuring all plants are receiving the appropriate care and maintenance to minimize product markdowns and returns. Works with suppliers on ordering the appropriate amount of inventory and product mix.
- In-store expert on nursery product knowledge to be able to answer customer questions. Provides product features and benefits, and build an understanding of related products to be able to sell a solution to the customer.
- Mentor to the Nursery department Sales Associates regarding product knowledge and selling techniques of nursery products.
- Assist in other areas of the store as required. There are no boundaries when providing customer service.
- Prepare for and assist with store inventory
Millbrae application: https://rn11.ultipro.com/ORC1000/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=2756
- AA degree a plus
- 2-3 years of Nursery experience
- Previous retail experience
- Previous experience leading/managing others
- Excellent communication skills; verbal, written, listening
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to supervisor and oversee a team
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Must complete Orchard's Certification Specialist Program within 30 days
- Ability to work in stressful situation
- Professional approach
Apply online to any of our stores: www.osh.com/careers
Nursery Professional - Sloat Garden Center, Marin & San Francisco
Sloat Garden Center is hiring nursery professionals to fill openings at our stores in San Francisco and Marin. California Certified Nurserypersons have the advantage of experience and knowledge which dictates a higher starting wage than their peers. In addition, Sloat Garden Center pays a yearly bonus of $1200 dollars if the CCNP status is maintained. Further, we will pay your yearly registration. The CCNP status qualifies the candidate for buying positions within the store as well as more responsibility than a regular Nurseryperson. Sloat Garden Center generally promotes from within to management and assistant manager positions. Other full time benefits include:
Sloat Garden Center encourages our team members to utilize their creativity for display and merchandising while giving them the autonomy to so. So, while the job of a certified nurseryperson is physically demanding, it is also creatively rewarding. You must have the ability to stand or walk for long periods of time and in all types of weather. You must be able to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively. Weekend availability is a must. A clean driving record and current license is beneficial. Math sufficient to operate a cash register, handle money, and use a calculator is essential.
- A very generous employee discount
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- 3 paid holidays and paid birthday off
- Vacation and sick leave
- Reimbursement of various fees for continuing horticultural studies
Interested parties are invited to apply directly at the store.
An application can be downloaded here.
A list of locations now hiring can be found here.